We are pleased to introduce the internationally recognized Duke of Edinburgh's award.
- Individual challenge by choice - reflect on own interests, abilities and ambitions and set challenges in each of the 4 sections.
- The Award is voluntary, not forced. The activities have to be pursued during their leisure time.
- There is no failure. Participants work at their own pace - remember its not a sprint but a marathon.
- Age range: 13½ - 25 years
- Balanced Programme of 4 sections
- There are three levels:
|Level of award||Minimum age of entry||Minimum duration|
For each award participants have to complete the requirements of each of the 4 different sections. Qualifying standards are measured in terms of progress, proficiency and sustained effort.
- Service: to learn how to give useful service to others.
- Skills: to encourage development of personal interests and practical skills.
- Physical Recreation: recreation activities, physical fitness and improvement of performance.
- Adventurous Journey: to encourage spirit of adventure and Discovery whilst undertaking a journey in a group.
- Residential Project (Gold level): to broaden experience through involvement with others in a residential setting.
On completion of the award the participant receives a certificate and a badge.